First, I folded my fabric into a square and marked the center and the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. I laid out the buttons and marked a dot where each one would go.
|The dot for the clock mechanism doesn't look quite in the middle,|
but don't worry--it is!!
|All the buttons are sewn on and I'm ready to work on the back.|
I used spray adhesive to fix the cardboard onto the fabric, and then I put it back into the hoop.
So here it is--I pressed the fabric, glued the cardboard onto the back, and reset it into the hoop. I cut the fabric to about 1 1/2 inches around and just stuck the unfinished edge onto the cardboard.
The fabric was still sticky enough on the edge in most spots to just adhere it to the cardboard, but in a couple of places, I used a little more adhesive so it would stay put. Then I used an awl to make the hole in the center, and I assembled the clock mechanism.
As we say, "Ta Dah!!" I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, and as soon as I decide where to hang it, it'll be all finished!