7.23.2011

Updates on Projects

I have been having so much fun working around the house--it's about 100 degrees outside, so inside projects are definitely the way to go these days.
First, here's the laundry room.  I painted it a soft yellow, hung a valence that I made, and mod-podged the switchplates.  Heres are some pictures:


I don't love the way these turned out--
they don't quite fit flush anymore because of the bulk of the fabric.
In the sewing room, I have been planning the new space.  I picked out the paint color, and my sister and I got a chaise longue from Ikea that we'll put up there once the space is done.  There's a lot to do in there, but this is one of my favorite additions--the bottle lamp.  My sister gave it to me in probably 1987 or so, and this lamp has been up and down the east coast and is still in one piece.  Amazing, really.  I found some fabulous trim at Hobby Lobby for $11.99 a yard.  While I would've loved to trim the valences in it, that's just a little too pricey for me.  So I bought a yard and a half (with a 40% off coupon!) to trim the lamp. Check it out:
I had a smidge extra trim, so I cut the buttons off and decorated the lampshade.

Isn't it just the cutest trim ever?!?! Perfect for a sewing room!

The lamp is currently on an old tomato box, now filled with yarn.
When we get back from the beach, I'll be painting the sewing room a light grey, the trim white, hanging the valences, setting up the new chaise, and getting some blank frames to hang on the bare wall.  Still thinking about that last idea, but I'll work something out. I'll try to remember to post before and after pictures, not just after pictures!!

No comments: