It didn't look quite this good--it was definitely used--it even had pictures still on it!! I threw away those poor people I did not know, saved a Punky Brewster pin, and put that bulletin board away until summer. Last week at the store, I picked up some spray paint and Frogtape (my favorite new tool!) and set to work:
First, I spraypained the whole thing yellow. That was fun, mostly because it wasn't 104 degrees outside like today. Then, after a few geometrical issues, I got the diamond design just how I wanted it with the Frogtape and spraypainted what was exposed with the grey paint. The paint got a little clogged, I think because it was 104 degrees outside today. (Hmmm...read the directions first: use between 70-90 degrees.) On the plus side, it dried really quickly. Here is the end result. I'm going to hang it in my sewing room. Fun and easy!!